As always I first made the patterns. I always make them myself, the last years I realized that all patterns you can buy does not fit me very well, so I have learned to create them by my own. After finishing the paper patterns I sewed a mock up out of very cheap fabric to make sure that everything fits perfectly.
Amy loves it when I come home with new fabrics. 😀
Because I had only 9 days to finish this costume I totally forgot to make more progress photos, so these are the only ones I took while I was super busy. The most challenging part of the dress were the gold tendrils.
I don’t own an embroidery machine but a very good sewing machine that have nice stitches (for example the leaf stitch). So I’ve made this tendrils, flowers and leaves with my normal sewing machine.
This dress is a good example for cosplays which do not work in real life. The v-neckline at the front and the back make it impossible to wear that dress. So I added this transparent strap from one shoulder so the other to prevent that the dress slips of my shoulders.
I created all the leaves at the neckline with the same technique used to make the gold tendrils on the dress.
For the shoes I took normal sandals as a base. I cut everything off and added this piece of thick leather which I cut with my laser cutter. I think this is my first cosplay with comfy shoes.